Reading Family Mediation is committed to protecting the privacy of all the personal information or data provided by those that are either members or otherwise use our services.
Personal information and data is described as “any information relating to an individual, whether it relates to his or her private, professional or public life. It can be anything from a name, a home address, a photo, an email address, bank details, or a computer’s IP address”. This policy explains how we collect, use and store the personal information provided to us.
The General Data Protection Regulations require that we process personal data in accordance with the six Data Protection principles:
- Lawfulness, fairness and transparency
- Purpose limitations
- Data minimisation
- Storage limitations
- Integrity and confidentiality
Reading Family Mediation will not sell your data to any third party organisations for their marketing purposes.
- What information we collect and how we collect it
- Why and how we use your information
- How long we keep your information
- How we may share your information
- Your rights on the information we hold about you
- Security-how we keep your information safe
- How to Contact Us
Information we collect
In order to provide our services and for the other purposes set out in “Use of Information” below, we collect and process Personal Data from individuals. We may collect some or all of the following
- Personal information (for example, your name, email address, mailing address, phone numbers, date of birth and address)
- Relevant Personal Data relating to your information
- Meeting information collated into a session documentation.
- Safeguarding incidents
From time to time and as permitted by applicable law(s), we may collect Personal Data about you and update any existing Personal Data that we currently hold from other third-party sources.
We collect your information from:
- Self-referral forms on our websites or on paper
- Referrals received from organisations e.g. from other Family Solicitors
- We may also collect information from telephone conversations, emails and written and verbal
communications and from records of any session
How we use information
Your Personal Data may be used in the following ways:
- To provide our services to you
- To respond to your requests and inquiries
- To improve our services, for example, to ask you to provide feedback, or other initiatives which help us to gather information used to develop and enhance our services
- To comply with applicable law(s) (for example, to comply with a search warrant or court order) or to carry out professional ethics/conduct investigations
- To enable us to take payment for our services
Consent and lawful processing of data
Our legitimate interests, which include processing such Personal Data for the purposes of:
- providing and enhancing the provision of our services
- administration and service delivery
How long we keep your information
We will retain information only as long as is reasonably necessary and at least annually, we will review our Data Retention Periods
Sharing and disclosure to Third Parties
We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties from time-to-time, but only under the following circumstances:
- You request or authorise the disclosure of your personal details to a third party, most usually for example, to provide information to your solicitor. We will always ask you to confirm your request in writing.
- Payment information will be shared with the card processing organisations of each mediator and their relevant firm. However, card details will not be retained in full or part by Reading Family Mediation and a receipt will be issued at the time. You may be asked for evidence of your identity.
We will only disclose your Personal Information without your permission in the following circumstances:
- If we are required by law to do so (for example, if required to do so by a Court Order, the government or other law enforcement agencies or for the purposes of investigation and/or prevention of fraud or other crime or where it is necessary for the purpose of, or in connection with, legal proceedings or in order to exercise or defend legal rights);
The information is shared with service providers who perform functions on our behalf, for example:
- Hosting providers for the secure storage and transmission of your data
- Legal and compliance consultants, such as external counsel, external auditors
- Technology providers who assist in the development and management of our web properties
We hold Information Sharing Agreements with these 3rd parties to ensure they too comply with GDPR.
Parents and children
If the person about whom we are holding information is below 13, then we will need to seek consent from the parent or legal guardian to hold that information.
If it is directly provided by a parent or legal guardian, that will be taken as consent. If a person is over 13 or reaches 13, we will seek consent from them.
Subject Access/User Rights
You are subject to the following rights:
- The right to be informed of the use of your Personal Data
- The right to access and/or to require the correction or erasure of your Personal Data
- The right to block and/or object to the processing of your Personal Data
You may seek to exercise any of these rights by sending a written request to the website.
We will work to protect your personal information that we hold, its confidentially, integrity and
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, annually to guard against unauthorized access to systems
- Each mediator will have Security Information Policy in place which defines the measures we take to protect your personal information.
- We only use third party service providers where we are satisfied that they provide adequate security for your personal data
Use of our website
We collect personal data for the above purposes of providing mediation services to you.
In completing a form on our website, you are giving us consent to hold that personal information to provide mediation and related services.
Transmission of information via the internet will never be guaranteed 100% secure and there is a remote possibility that your personal information may still be accessed or intercepted unlawfully by third parties. Any transmission of personal information is therefore at your own risk. We will not accept any responsibility for information which is accessed or intercepted unlawfully, without permission or in a manner which is out of our control.
Linking to Third Party websites
We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you access them using links from the Site and recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
In addition, if you linked to the site from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy
policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third-party site and strongly recommend that you check the policy of that third-party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
Compliance and co-operation with regulatory authorities
How to contact us
Reading Family Mediation website: